Thursday, January 5, 2017

"How many kids do you have?"

What an interesting question.

My usual answer is 5.

If I were being completely honest, I'd say 5 1/4. 5.25, even.

Yep, I've got one baking.

It's an interesting.  I didn't see this one coming.  At ALL.

It is going to be different this time around.  I am going to an obstetrician and delivering at a fancy-schmancy hospital that gives you a postnatal massage and facial.  My birth center closed and there's not another close enough by.

Gosh, things are different though. Now, I'm a "grand multi para of advanced maternal age."  It sounds much fancier than it is.  I got offered genetic counseling and I could know the gender in the next few weeks.  Srsly.

Anyways,  yesterday was my first OB appointment.  I have gained nothing-go, me!-and my blood pressure was 120/82. Sprout measured right at 10w1d and the fetal heart rate was 171 bpm. I had an ultrasound.  Sprout turned and waved at us, which was, as the kids say, cool af.

Anywho, it's 3 am so I'm back off to sleep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment