Friday, December 14, 2012

Turning 31

Today is my birthday. I am 31.  I have to say, 31 is far younger than it seemed when I was 21. I don't really feel older; I feel a little more awesome, to tell you the truth.But this birthday has been bittersweet. For one, the tragic school shooting in Connecticut is so gut wrenchingly horrendous it'smaking it hard for me to smile. Then a police chase ended tragically here, with far too many lives lost. I was in the ER when the familes arrived. The families' pain was palpable. So much unnecessary loss today.  It really puts life in perspective.

Why was I in the ER, you ask.  Well, in my old age I've managed to become clumsy. I fell and sprained both knees. Both.  I faceplanted on concrete in a parking lot.Technically, though, I didn't faceplant because my boobs prevented my face from hitting the ground. Yay for breastfeeding. But boo for ouchie knees and a hurty finger. To make matters worse, I got to the ER about 11:45 last night. I left at 10:56 this morning.

So with all this negative stuff you'd think my birthday was a bust. Nope. It's great!  I got a $50 Starbucks gift card (An early gift that I've managed to nearly deplete in a week.  I no longer sleep), oodles of hugs and kisses and cuddles from my hubby and babies, dozens of facebook messages and texts, a bottle of Moscato from my roadie Shelby , AND I won the Earth's Best giveaway at Mama on a Green Mission blog (I can't hyperlink on my phone so http://mamaonagreenmission.com/2012/11/we-have-a-teething-baby-tips-and-a-giveaway.html).&nbsp; So yay for birthdays.&nbsp; </p>
<p dir=ltr>Now I shall eat cake. <br>
</p>

No comments:

Post a Comment