Friday, July 20, 2018

Heartbreak

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<script>
     (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({
          google_ad_client: "ca-pub-6200580466234438",
          enable_page_level_ads: true
     });
</script>

Have you ever had your heart broken so poignantly you could hear it? Today, at 1:41 PM, I experienced that pain first hand.

I had my mouth set for a pile of delicious southern fried goodness and a slice of coconut cake with a sweet tea served in a Mason jar on the side so I decided to go to JackSons, a local buffet. I knew lunch ended at 2:30 so time was of the essence.  As I drove, I planned my first & second plates.  I like to come prepared.  I could almost smell that amazing fried fish as I wove through the traffic on 378. Cars, everywhere-why?  Don't these people have jobs? Didn't these fools understand? I was on a mission!

When I got there, the parking lot was eerily empty and I noticed a sad faced elderly couple in a late model Caddy backing out. "Better parking spot for me," I mused gleefully yet something nagged at me.  Where was the crowd?  It should be thinning by this time but today it was literally nonexistant. I was so confused.  I got out and strode warily up to the door and there it was. A sign. An odious message.  The most woeful words that could be printed on a sheet of 8 1/2 by 11 :

CLOSED
 ON VACATION UNTIL 7/22

Y'all,  I almost fell out.   I don't even want to eat anymore.  Ever.  For the rest of my life.

The moral of the story? Eat at JackSon's.  After July 22.

#imnotbeingdramatic
#okaymaybealittle
#atleastididntcry
#stillhungry
#wheretoforlunch

1 comment: