Monday, February 4, 2013

The Restashing Project, Part 2

Other than my beloved ODCs, I have no allegiance to any brand and I love a good deal. I love fitteds but they can be pricy. I was browsing the Etsy-verse and found Greenchild Creations. Well, dog my cats! Popcorn was fluff poor so I ordered 2 flannel fitteds, 1 bamboo/cotton twill fitted, and one fleece soaker. I added snaps to my diapers, an optional feature. There was also a promotion going (spend $50, get a free flannel fitted) so I paid less than $75 for four diapers , a cover, AND shipping.And now, without further ado, my reviews.
Customer service:The sweet mama who runs the shop was a joy to work with. She shipped quickly and even added snaps to my free dipe for free.
Quality: WAHM dipes never cease to amaze me with their quality and these are no exception. They are lovingly made and the prints are adorable. The pink bamboo velour is already a fave around here. It's deliciously soft and squishy.
What makes 'em special: These fitteds are more of a pocket-fitted amalgamation.  They have three layers of fabric: the outer, the inner, and the "flap." They DO NOT come with a soaker. Instead,  they have an open interior between the outer and inner. I toss a microfiber insert inside, then lay the flap over the top. The result is a reasonably absorbent fitted that is nice and trim.

Final Verdict: I like them. Especially the pink bamboo/cotton twill combo. The lack of a soaker was a bit off putting at first but I found that the trimness and the ability to customize the absorbency made up for it nicely.  They dry super quick and the softness is amazing.  Popcorn is a itty bitty and they fit her perfectly.  (I also put one on Side Salad to test the one sized-ness and was able to snap it on his 40-something pound frame.  He then ran off to show the other kids.)
Winner winner, chicken dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment