I think that I'd like to explore two themes this summer and have the kids interact with them in a variety of ways. The first theme would be dinosaurs and I haven't determined the second theme yet. I have all these ideas for how we can learn about dinosaurs in a cross curricular way. Here are a couple of my current ideas:
- Pangaea maps
- Making fossils
- Zoo trips to learn about the descendants of and modern day relatives of dinosaurs
- Maybe a dinosaur skeleton puzzle, if I could find one
- Museum trips to touch dino stuff
- Music and whatnot
- Dinosaur life cycle tableau replete with dramatic music [I can see my kids doing this with mock seriousness]
- All culminating with a journal of a cavekid. Yes, I know that humans and dinos didn't coexist, but think of the creative writing combined with the practical knowledge. Even Side Salad could do it, albeit a pictorial journal.
Maybe we could even do a joint theme.......hmmmm.....
Any suggestions for the second theme?