Sunday, April 1, 2012

Camping

I want to take the kids camping this summer.

It's one of those things I've never done before. I didn't grow up in a family where people went camping and few of my friends ever did it. But it seems like a cool experience. It would give us an opportunity to just spend time together away from the TVs and computers and Kindles and video games.

I think it'd even be cool, baby in tow. I mean we could use prefolds or gDipes to make it easy. Or we could temporarily switch to sposies.

The problem is, I don't know how to plan a trip. How do I know where to go? Should we get a tent or look for places with cabins? What do we need to take? How will we cook?  Can we fish (by we I mean everyone but me)?  I need like a "Camping for Dummies" which I am absolutely certain exists.  Also, I have to somehow get the hubby on board.  The fishing should take care of that.

Have you ever been camping?  Got any advice for me?

Here's who'd be going:

  • Me, the mama
  • Lettuce, the papa
  • Astronaut, 11 year old boy
  • Princess, 9 year old girl
  • Squirrel, 6 year old girl
  • Side Salad, 4 year old boy
  • Popcorn, tiny bundle of joy
Help us out-how do we plan our first family camping trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment